Area Election Assembly
October 21 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Election Assembly (held in odd years in October) follows the format of the Area Assembly agenda with these adaptations:
- Chairperson opens the meeting in the usual manner, traditionally at 9 AM, in lieu of workshops.
- Area Secretary, Treasurer, Delegate reports are made and other officers’ reports are made, if necessary, on the activities since the last assembly.
- Chairperson asks for a motion to suspend the remainder of the usual Assembly business and to proceed with the election. Following passage of this motion, the Chairperson then turns the running of the meeting over to the Delegate and to the Past Delegates who have agreed to run the Election Assembly.
- The election is conducted in accordance with the “Third Legacy Procedure” as outlined in the AA Service Manual. The Delegate begins by explaining the Third Legacy Procedure and by explaining who is eligible to run for the positions and who is eligible to vote. Those eligible to vote are the GSR’s and DCM’s (or their alternates), Area Officers, and Standing Committee Chairpersons. Each member of the Assembly present has one vote. Absentee votes or proxies are not valid. At this time they will also determine the count of eligible voters.
- If there are insufficient Past Delegates present to efficiently run the election, the Chairperson may designate additional tellers from those in attendance at the Election Assembly who are not eligible to vote or stand for office.
- The Area Budget is also voted on at the Election Assembly as well.