- This event has passed.
2017 NHSCYPAA XVIII
March 31 - April 2
Let Your Roots Grasp New Soil
- Who: You! And tons of other recovering alcoholics from all over!
- What: A weekend long conference about coming together, spreading the AA message, and realizing that sobriety can be the most fun and amazing thing in life! (Learn more here)
- When: Friday, March 31st, 2017 through Sunday April 2nd, 2017
- Where: The Margate Resort, 76 Lake Street, Laconia, NH 03246
- Why: Because recovery can be a blast, you will meet amazing people, learn more about sobriety, and further your connection with your higher power! The express purpose of an AA Young People’s Convention is for members of AA to come together and “share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.” The term “young person” is not exclusionary; an AA young person is defined as anyone who has room to grow, and all AAs are invited.
The atmosphere at a convention affords individual AAs an opportunity to widen and strengthen the support systems that we have found to be so vital to our recovery. Experience has shown that some attendees have been infused with a desire to become involved in AA service work. This, in tandem with staying sober and carrying the message, is the most important goal that we as sober alcoholics can hope to achieve.